22 Oct My primer for readability
Without readability, content marketing is a waste of time. With readability, content marketing helps readers understand the message you’re telling them – leading to higher levels of engagement, trust in your content and a happy reader.
I recently ticked off a massive ‘career to do’ and wrote an article on readability for the Content Marketing Institue. Follow these steps to readability and soon you’ll be boosting your content:
1. Have a customer focus
2. Get a baseline score
3. Revise to achieve correct reading level
4. Shorten your sentences
5. Reduce the number of long words
6. Scrub your copy of buzzwords, geekspeak, jargon, and acronyms
7. Don’t overuse adverbs
8. Set a balance between formal and conversational
9. Seek feedback and proofread
Read the full article on contentmarketinginstitute.com.